Monday, July 9, 2012

A Touch of History

I had a very productive weekend! I was able to finish 5 challenge layouts! It was a little due to the fact that my daughter's homework for this week didn't require much effort from me so I didn't need to allot any of my time for that.

Anyway, here is one of the layouts I completed last weekend.

Elements from Vintage Birthday collaboration kit by Digital Scrapbooking CH designers
This is for Digidesignresort's Scraplift Challenge for July. We were given a gorgeous layout from bombalurina59 to scraplift:

DDR Gallery link
I used a photo I took at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar. I just realize now that I never did get to make a dedicated post for our trip there. Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is a resort located in the mountains of Bagac, Bataan. They took some old colonial buildings from around the country, and transported them brick by brick to this resort and rebuilt them. Amazing right?

The main attraction for me is the old University of the Philippines building that used to be located in Manila. This was before the University moved to it's sprawling campus in Diliman.


Once upon a time, my dear old alma mater only had one building. Now, the entire campus is the size of a small town :)

Here's a photo of some of the old houses there.


Some of the villas are available for overnight stay but the rates are a little steep considering there really isn't much to do in this resort in the evening and it's far from the city. When we were there last summer though, the dinner set-up is outside, in the "plaza" in front of an old hotel that used to be located in Manila.


details of the building
They also have this cultural show where some performers performed native dances from the Philippines but I think they only have this during the summer months when the resort get plenty of guests. There's also the beach but the beach in this area is not really that beautiful.

The resort offers day-tours where tour guides take tourists around the resort and shares the history of each building included in the tour. For more information, you can visit the resort's website here.

No comments: