Friday, July 6, 2012

New kit by Scrapbrat Designs: Scarlet Dreams

A kit done in red and black motiff with green accents. This kit contains 61 elements in 300 dpi, and 12 3600x3600 papers in 300 dpi.

Available here:

-oo0oo-

Here are a couple of layouts I made with this kit for inspiration.


I have to admit, I had a difficult time looking for photos to use with this kit. The color scheme calls for drama. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of photos with drama. So I simply picked photos where any of my little girls (um... I only have one daughter by the way, but I have a whole lot of nieces) are wearing red. 

The photo used in the layout above was taken during their birthday party. Their birthdays are only days apart so we decided to have one party for both of them.


This second layout was much harder... I had no idea how to present the layout considering I put a somewhat funny photo of Andrea there. I figured I could balance the drama of the layout and the funny photo with a funny quote so...

Anyway, it's Friday!!! I am so happy it's Friday. I am so behind on my layouts because it's a little busy at work and for some reason, traffic has been heavy so I get home a little later than usual. I hope I get to make-up for all my self-imposed backlog this weekend. I want to get on those challenges!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Corrinne said...

Beautiful mix of elements that kit has! Your creations are wonderful (as always.) Those roses are just fabulous :)

Happiness!