Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Creating Success Around the World with Deepthi of My Art

Welcome to 
Creating Success Around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the world.

Click here to learn more.
-oo0oo-

Today I have the pleasure if introducing you to Deepthi from My Art. Deepthi is another lovely lady from India and one of the many talented ladies who linked up to our blog hop a couple of months ago.


[Janelle]: Welcome to our weekly blog hop Deepthi. I am so happy to have you here today. Please tell us something about yourself.
[Deepthi]: Hi! I am Deepthi, wife to a wonderful hubby who makes me laugh through out the day and mother to a smart and cute kid of 7 years.


Since my hubby is in a transferable job, we hop from one city to other every 2 to 3 years. Currently we live in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh in India.

We've already had quite a few guests from India but it is always interesting to hear what they have to say about your country. What can you tell us about India?
My country India is very beautiful and vibrant with rich culture, heritage and a history dating back to more than 5000 years. Every state in India has its own language, distinct art, culture, food, habits, music and even a different way of dressing. We have more Gods than we can count!!!! So I can proudly say that our country has Unity in Diversity!!

Your country does sound more and more interesting the more talented people I get to meet from there through this blog hop. Let's talk about you and your talent. I've been visiting your blog a lot in preparation for this interview and your work is beautiful! Can you tell our readers what kind of things you like to make?
I like all kinds of art and craft, my favorite being drawing, painting, working with M-seal and currently paper quilling. Though I am relatively new to quilling, I simply love it. I love recycling, especially paper. Also I like to stitch (I don’t know stitching), repurposing, redecorating, candle making, and all kinds of paper crafts.

I love your drawings and I wish I can post them all here! Your paper quill projects are cute too and I never would have guessed you're new to it.
Actually I did not know that I could draw until I finished my 10th standard! My mom forced me to draw everyday and that’s how I came to know that drawing was fun and my passion for drawing started! All thanks goes to mom, and my hubby who constantly encourage me.

 
They must be so proud of you! I saw your post about your mom's work. It looks like creativity runs in your family. What inspires your work?
Everything is an inspiration. Nature, my daughter and of course…The Blogosphere!! (Janelle: I agree!) This blog world has provided me with so many ideas whenever my brain  has stopped giving me new ideas! I feel we are the luckiest people! Internet has provided us the opportunity of learning so many things from others and share what we have learned too.



The things you make, do you sell them?
No I do not sell anything. But I have a dream of owning my own store. I am waiting for that perfect opportunity and time. As of now I do gift my creations to my friends and family.


I hope you finally get the opportunity to open your own store soon so you can share your talent with more people. After all the projects you have completed, can you share with us some mistakes you have made and what lessons you have learned from them?
Oh! I have made a lot of mistakes! I have so many unfinished drawings, paintings and crafting projects. I don’t say that I have not repeated my mistakes ;) but I have learnt a lot from my mistakes. Also I had thought that people are only interested in drawing and such stuff. Only when I saw what other people were posting on their blog did I started to post my other crafting projects on my blog.

At this point, can you already say that you have alreayd achieved success in your crafting and drawing?
I am a looooong way away from achieving success!! Success to me is self satisfaction. I am planning of doing Fine Arts from this year and currently am learning web designing.

I am sure you will do very well in both! So what can we look forward to in your blog? Do you have any new plans?
I have lots of plans for my blog in future. I am trying paper mache and more recycling projects and paper jewellery. Also I have planned to post about Kinnala Art which is the ancient and traditional art of Vijayanagara Empire and you were so kind to interview me, so I am sending you a sneak peak of how it looks like.

That is so beautiful! So much intricate detail! I am so honored that you gave us a preview of your new project here. And thank you so much for accepting my invitation for this interview Deepthi. We all loved getting to know you more today!

-oo0oo-

If you want to see more of Deepthi's work, you can visit her at My Art

Be sure to check out the other interviews from my co-hosts:

Australasia - Jill @ Creating My Way to Success
South America - Dolly of Marya Mariah
Asia - Me! :)


And now, it's your turn! Join our blog hop by linking your blog to our link party below! After linking, make sure you visit a few other links because that's what this hop is all about :)

Do you want your to be interviewed and featured here? If I see your link below, you just might be! I am always looking for talented bloggers from Asia for my next interview feature. I'm sure my other co-hosts are too. Leave your link and hope to meet you soon!



7 comments:

Jill said...

Great interview! Deepthi does have a beautiful blog - I found her too when she linked up - love her drawings - she's very talented!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Suzy Myers said...

I love her drawings!! Very beautiful! She has an amazing talent.

suzy

Divya said...

Deepthi's work is so beautiful...thanks a lot Janelle for introducing n promoting a lot of new fresh talent around

dollystar said...

Janelle essa sua postagem de hoje está fantástica. Essa artista vai muito bem na pintura e no quilling. Vimos que a arte está no sangue! amo os indianos e tudo que se refere à Índia, muito envolvente nos véus misteriosos, não acha?
Love, Dolly

Janelle that your post today is fantastic. This artist does very well in painting and quilling. We saw that art is in the blood! Indians all love and respect to India, very engaging in mysterious veils, eh?
Love, Dolly

Deepthi said...

Thank you Janelle.
Thank you for interviewing me...I am honoured..

And thanks everyone for these lovely comments...

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow such a lovely idea to feature global artists! And so lovely that you featured Deepti!

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com